Yesterday was my last night living right beside the institute which has been a very special time for me. I’m often here in the morning during breakfast and late after work. Although I’m not technically working it brings me pleasure; I almost always feel of use, answering questions, helping find something, or guiding students in some way.
Leola and Lalita.
These two ladies are on the Board of Directors and living legacies of Dr. Ann Wigmore. At night while I’m online chatting away (I haven’t had a phone in two months), Leola comes to put up the next day’s schedule and make sure everything is closed down. Last night was special because Lalita accompanied her, we have a lot of Spanish speaking students in the newest group and Lalita is usually the translator. I feel an immense appreciation for this institute and extremely privileged to know both of them.
“The happiest people I know have been those who have accepted the primary responsibility for their own spiritual and physical well-being – those who have inner strength, courage, determination, common sense and faith in the process of creating more balanced and satisfying lives for themselves.”
― Ann Wigmore
Every two weeks at work a new group of students come, while the last group goes. That Friday is a special day here at the Ann Wigmore Institute the out going students graduate, you can hear laughter and ‘You are so beautiful to me’ wafting through the air. After graduation everyone is treated to an institute favorite, zucchini pasta, this particular batch pictured is with a pea pesto sauce, which is incredibly delicious.
Photos C/O: FoCameron
Living in Puerto Rico has changed some of my necessities so I thought it would be fun to do a purse contents update.
- First and foremost my bikini, I’m often wearing one from the moment I get up till the time I go into work.
- Nail polish is usually only a weekend item since I can’t be wearing it and working with food, but since this week was filled with fun festivities it was in there.
- Egyptian Goddess Oil, that has been in there since I lived in Venice Beach, favorite scent from a favorite place Mystic Journey Bookstore.
- Rose Quartz Necklace, via The Closet, I am rarely not wearing it.
- Random bracelets
- My toothbrush
- Eye lash curler
- Favorite eel skin wallet from Edge of Urge in Wilmington, N.C. I’ve had that bad boy for over three years, great purchase.
- SPF chapstick
- Ipod (sorry Ivy, xox)
- An Ann Wigmore pen
- Rincon International Film Festival (hence this week’s fun festivities)